Giant Food Stores has offered us a great way raise money with their Cash-For-Causes program. Cards are available in $25, $50 & $100 denominations and can be used in both MD and PA for groceries and gas.
Simply by using this card system, we can earn substantial amounts for our group.
For every $100 purchased, $5 is returned to the band – as a 50/50 split between the band boosters and your student.
Directions for buying Giant cards online/remotely
- Step 1. Go to your current online banking system and Set up a new “Payee” (in this case it will be Members 1st) PO Box 2104, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055.
- Step 2. You will enter the following account number 765536. This will direct your payment to the Members 1st account for your Giant card purchase
- Step 3. Choose the amount you want to buy. Increments are $50 and $100. Fill out your bill pay for the amount of Giant cards you are interested in purchasing. *KEY NOTE in the memo section: list your child’s first and last name and increments of $50 or $100 to signify what type of cards you want.
- Step 4. Send Mary Pohlig an email letting her know of your order listing amount and card types firstname.lastname@example.org
- Step 5. ONCE THE FUNDS REACH MEMBER’S 1st, (this takes approximately 2-3 days) Mary will send a confirmation email to you that your Giant Cards can be picked up at the Hallmark store. You may go to the front counter at Hallmark, show your Driver’s license and pick up your Giant cards.
- Step 6. Go spend your cards at Giant!! Repeat the process over and over again as you make $5.00 for each $100. The band makes half and your child makes half.
Please note you can still send a check in with your child and drop it in the RED Music Box like you always have. You can send an email to Mary to advise that you have placed in the red box.