BAND BOOSTERS CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS SYCSD
ARTICLE I • TITLE
The name of this organization shall be the SYCSD Band Boosters.
ARTICLE II • PURPOSE
The purpose of the SYCSD Band Boosters shall be:
- To encourage and maintain an enthusiastic interest in the SYCSD Band Boosters.
- To assist with projects which will provide funds to enable the SYCSD Band to participate in activities outside of the normal school activities.
- To cooperate fully with the Director of the Band and the Administration of the SYCSD in making all projects ones which will be of value to the objectives of the SYCSD Band.
ARTICLE III • AUTHORITY FOR DECISIONS
- All activities dealing directly with the SYCSD Band for promotion must first meet with the approval of the Band Director.
- All activities dealing directly with the SYCSD Band for performance must first meet with the approval of the Director and further with the Administration and School Board.
- The Band Boosters will not attempt to influence the goals and objectives of the SYCSD Band other than to lend its support for functions outside of the normal school activities.
ARTICLE IV • MEMBERSHIP
- Membership shall be open to anyone who is interested in helping to promote the activities of the SYCSD Band.
- No person who is presently enrolled in the SYCSD or any other high school may become a member of this organization until he or she has graduated from that institution or is no longer enrolled therein.
- No persons under the legally accepted age of twenty-one years of age may hold office in the organization.
- To be a voting member of the SYCSD Band Boosters, you must attend a Band Booster meeting by the first Monday of October.
ARTICLE V • NOMINATION AND ELECTION OF OFFICERS
- A nominating committee of three (3) members appointed by the President at the December meeting shall present a slate of officers for election at the March meeting.
- Additional nominations may be made from the floor.
- The consent to serve will be obtained from all nominees in February, prior to the election in March.
- In order to vote for a new slate of officers, you must attend at least four meetings prior to the February meeting.
ARTICLE VI • OFFICERS AND TERM OF OFFICE
- The officers shall be the President, Vice President (of Ways),
- 2nd Vice President (of Means), Secretary and Treasurer.
- The term of office shall be one year.
- All officers shall be eligible for re-election.
- Each executive office gets one vote, including situations in which two people serve as co-officers in one office position.
- Elected officers shall assume their duties at the May meeting.
ARTICLE VII • DUTIES OF OFFICERS
It shall be the duty of the President to prepare agendas and preside at all meetings of the Booster organization and he/she shall be an ex-officio member of all committees, with the exception of the nominating and audit committee, and general activities of the association. He/she shall enforce a due observance of the BY-LAWS and parliamentary authority adopted. He/she can shall call special meetings and appoint standing and special committees. He/she shall see that all officers, coordinators, and committees perform their respective duties. He/she shall appoint, with the approval of the Executive Board, an officer to fill an unexpired term or vacancy on the Executive Board. The office of the President shall not be a voting office unless the vote is needed to break a deadlock vote. The President shall act as liaison between the Booster Club and School District. It is his/her duty to direct the general activities of the association and to coordinate them.
VICE PRESIDENT OF WAYS
Shall perform the duties of the President in the absence of that officer and assume the presidency should the President be unable to serve and perform the duties as the association may direct. He/she shall create additional positions and committees and delegate duties as needed to promote the purposes of this organization and to carry on the work of this organization. The Vice President of Ways shall appoint committees or coordinators as needed for such things as: Band Camp, Head Chaperone, Band Night, Social Events, Jazz Fest, etc.
VICE PRESIDENT OF MEANS
Coordinate and assist in research and development of all fundraisers for the income/expense fund and student fund accounts. Work with the secretary and her committees to maintain current information about fundraisers in the newsletter and/or website. Obtain volunteers for fundraising committees. Explain the monetary responsibilities to the fundraiser committee chairs and ensure funds are turned in to the treasurer promptly and accurately. Ensure individual student account profit totals are submitted to the treasurer. Collect committee reports from all fundraisers committee chairs to pass on to future fundraiser committee chairs. Assist in the development of the annual budget with other members of the budget committee. Work closely with the budget committee to draft and finalize a fundraising calendar to be submitted for approval of the school district in June for the following year. The Vice President of Means shall appoint committees or coordinators as needed for such things as: No Hassle Fundraiser, Tag Day, Bingo, Band Night Sandwich Sale, York Revolution Game Ticket Sales, etc.
Shall receive and deposit all monies of the organization, maintain a working ledger on all accounts (Student and Booster) of disbursements and receipts, authorize disbursements of funds according to the annual budget, approve disbursements of funds in excess of those allocated by the budget only with the approval of the Executive Board. The Treasurer shall generate a financial report to be presented at each regular meeting of the organization and this report shall be attached to the minutes of this meeting. The Treasurer shall present all financial records to the audit committee for audit at the completion of the budget year. The treasurer shall assist in the preparation of a yearly budget and present an accounting of actual expenses at the completion of the budget year.
Shall record all minutes of each meeting and report those minutes to the general membership who have provided for this communication through email no less than seven (7) days prior to the upcoming meeting and coordinate with the webmaster to post the approved minutes online in a timely manner. Secretary shall also be responsible for written and e-mail correspondences to parents and shall draft general correspondence on behalf of the Boosters in support of other officers as required. The Secretary shall also maintain the parent roster, maintain all physical and electronic records and keep attendance records of each meeting and event. The executive secretary shall appoint committees or coordinators as needed for such things as: webmaster, publicity, correspondence, etc.
ARTICLE VIII • EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- The Executive Committee shall be composed of the officers of Band Boosters and the Past President of the Band Boosters, if the latter remains an active member.
- The Executive Committee shall have general supervision of the affairs of the Band Boosters.
- The Executive Committee shall meet prior to each meeting to determine the policies and to prepare an agenda for the general meeting.
- The Executive Committee shall be empowered to sanction the spending of funds.
ARTICLE IX • STANDING COMMITTEES
- Committees and Coordinators appointed by officers shall require approval of the Executive Board.
- The Band Director shall attend to all correspondence and shall be a member ex officio of all committees.
- Standing committees may be appointed by the President as required for the Band Boosters to provide and promote the objectives and interests of the Band Boosters.
- At the February meeting, the President shall appoint a committee of three (3) to audit the accounts of the Treasurer. This committee shall review the accounts of the Treasurer through April 1st and report their findings at the May meeting.
ARTICLE X • QUORUM
- A quorum shall consist of one-tenth of the current membership.
ARTICLE XI • ADOPTION OF THE CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS
- The Constitution and By-Laws shall be adopted by two-thirds vote of the membership present at any regular or special meeting.
ARTICLE XII • AMENDMENTS
- The Constitution and By-Laws may be amended by two-thirds vote of the members present at any regular meeting.
- The amendments must have been presented at the preceding regular meeting of the Band Boosters.
ARTICLE 1 • RULES OF ORDER
- Roberts Rules of Order, revised, shall be the authority on all questions of procedure specifically not stated in the Constitution and By-Laws. The Band Director shall act as Parliamentarian.
ARTICLE II • MEETINGS
- The Band Booster meetings shall be held on the first Monday of the month, August through June.
- The Band Booster meetings will be called to order at 7:00pm.
- The date and time of Band Booster meetings may be changed at the direction of the Executive Committee to meet extenuating circumstances.
- Additional meetings may be called at the discretion of the President or Band Director.